PROCEDURE FOR REPORTING AN ABSENCE, EARLY DISMISSAL or LATE ARRIVAL
Parent/Guardian may submit 10 parent notes (or phone calls) documenting an excused absence reason. After the 10 notes are exhausted, medical notes will be required for absences to be excused per House Bill 410.
1. TO REPORT AN ABSENCE
- To report an absence via phone dial (937) 429-7577 and hit option 1.
- You may submit an absence, via email** to email@example.com. Once your request has been processed you will get a return email within 3 hours. If you do not get an email response please resubmit or contact our office by phone.
2. TO REPORT AN EARLY DISMISSAL
- Send a signed note with the reason, date and time of desired pick up to the Attendance Office with your child. Have your child take this to the office before school starts. Your child will be given a pass so that they are dismissed from class 5 minutes prior to desired pick up time and will be ready for you to sign them out in the office.
- You may submit an early dismissal request via email** to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your request has been processed you will get a return email. If you do not receive an email response within 3 hours, please resubmit or contact our office by phone 937-429-7577 press 0 and ask to speak to the Jackie Stubbs.
3. FOR A LATE ARRIVAL
- You will need to come in with your child and sign them into school if arriving late.
- If your child is arriving late due to a doctor's appointment, please be sure to bring a signed excuse from the doctor so that your child's late arrival is excused. Parents are not required to come in to sign the student in if the student has a doctor's note.
- If a vacation or out of town trip is planned within the school year resulting in student absence, parent/guardian must submit a Vacation Request Form. This form must be submitted 5 school days prior to the first day of vacation. Principals may approve 5 days of vacation as excused absences (will count as 5 of 10 allowable parent notes.)
- If you would like homework assignments collected for your child who is missing more than 3 days, you are required to send a note with the dates of the students absence at least 48 hours prior to the absence. Your student will receive a purple form to take to his/her teacher's to receive their homework assignments. Teachers have 24 hours to provide homework assignments for extended absences.
- Homework assignments may also be located the teacher's school website or Progress Book.